Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Too Much Fussin

This just happened as I was taking BayLee to school and had to come straight home and put it in writing so I wouldn't ever forget it.
We were pulling up to the school and passed a group of girls sitting in a circle on the grass.
BayLee : "There's Daryn and the 'group' " (mind you Daryn and Bay are bestfriends so I didn't understand 'the group' phrase)
Me: "So, are you part of the group"?
Bay: "No, I don't want to be a part of any group. I want to be friends with everyone. Groups have to much fussin, whinin, and drama. I don't have time for that stuff."
Me: "Oh, I see."
I was laughing so hard inside because of the choice of words but I was also so very proud of her. She is the type to avoid drama and likes to make sure everyone is included. It was so sweet. There was no sign of jealousy because she knows that she could be a part of a 'group' but doesn't have a desire to be. So as she got out of the car she saw her friend Hannah whom is Down Syndrome and gave her a big hug and proceeded to walk across the grass hand in hand with Hannah and all the girls in the 'group' waved and yelled her name. She waved and just kept on going with Hannah. I felt honored to watch such a thing.

4 comments:

the sutton clan said...

That is wonderful! You couldn't be a prouder mama!!! What an example. You should send that into the Friend.

Doty Family said...

It does make you teary! What a sweet girl! love you Miss Bay!

Stephanie said...

What a cute story! BayLee is just adorable! Such a sweetheart.

J-Mom said...

So sweet and what an awesome proud parent moment.