Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Happy 101 Birthday Grandma Simkins

Today one of the greatest people alive turns 101! I can't even begin to tell you how much of an inspiration she is to me year after year. She just keeps going and has one of the most positive attitudes I have ever seen. These are just a few things about my Grandma that makes her special:
1. She always has a way to brighten a room.
2. She knows all of her Grandchildrens, Great Grandchildrens, and Great Great Grandchildrens likes and dislikes. She has a special place in her heart for each and every one of them.
3. She is a HUGE Utah Jazz fan. She won't miss a game for ANYTHING!
4. She still uses a treadmill everyday and has to get to the basement to use it (I must admit this one makes me nervous)
5. She gives the greatest hugs and kisses.
6. She loves her yard and really cares about what it looks like.
7. She uses Jergens lotion and that right there is a memory I will have for life.
8. She is always thinking and has a great memory.
9. She is a great example to my children. They love her so much and wish we could see her more often.
10. SHE IS MY GRANDMA AND THAT MAKES ME HAPPY!

2 comments:

tifsong said...

oh my goodness! i love this.
aren't gram's so special? i think so. my gramcracker was the best in the whole world. i think 101 is quite a year to reach. wow!

i love it mandee!

J-Mom said...

That is so awesome! Happy Birthday to her!