Sunday, October 4, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods

We took advantage of Conference Sunday and took a ride through Zion, Kolob, and down Cedar Mountain to visit with my parents. My dad fell at Bryce Canyon yesterday and ended up breaking his arm. Poor guy.
The ride was beautiful and the kids had a great time on the drive. We were a week to late for the bright vibrant colors. The colors were pretty though.
It brought back great memories of Sunday drives I had as a kid and made me realize we need to do it more often. Sure there is bickering and potty breaks, drink breaks, and photo opts, but it was all worth it.
After we visited with my parents we headed the back way home through Enterprise. We are so blessed to live in a place that people travel all over from to see. I need to stop and smell the roses a little more often.

Some nice ladies saw us at the side of the road taking pictures so they stopped
and offered to take a family picture.
My sweet kids.



1 comment:

Kris said...

How fun. I have missed seeing the leaves change this year. I haven't wanted to risk going up the mountain the last few weeks. Then again maybe if I go now.....