Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I WILL have one....OH YES I WILL!!!!


We went camping this past weekend and put a tent, a cooler, four sleeping bags, food, camp mate, four pillows, clothes bag, four camp chairs, diapers, wipes,2 dutch ovens, a lantern with propane tank, 24 pack of water, four fishing poles, two tackle boxes, and five people into our little Dodge Intrepid. It was CRAZY!!! We have lost our van due to an accident that Adam had in it last month so I am thinking that this is the prime time to buy my dream vehicle! I have wanted one of these forEVER!!! I want a tie died one with a peace sign on the top. So we have begun the search and I WILL find one. :) I can just imagine us cruisin up the highway to our campin spot and better yet travel around the USA in this beauty. The best part is that Adam totally supports my desire for this beauty. Wish me luck!!!!

5 comments:

Doty Family said...

You and my sister!!! You can be traveling buddies in your hippie vans!

the sutton clan said...

aiming high to find a split window camper. They are rare and usually expensive and in need of a lot of work. (owning a vintage VW is alot of work. We have yet to take a trip without a full toolbox on board- they are attention hogs; always needing something massaged or tweaked) And finding one with the camping stuff still inside makes them very very spendy. Westies (Westfalias) are a lot easier to find and have better camping features on board. Check out thesamba.com it's a great go to place for all things vintage VW from cars to parts... if you end up getting one, you will need lots of parts, so go ahead and book mark it. We found ours in some guys field and knocked on the door and asked him to sell it. That's the approach most people who end up with a nice find use. If you see one parked, knock and ask. They just might be willing to part with it. Happy hunting!!!

tifsong said...

YES! please get one! can i use it for a background for stellar family photos? :)

Sherry said...

I am so JEALOUS!!!!! Can I drive it PLEASE!!!!!!!

Dover Fam said...

You can drive it anytime Sherry!!! Hopefully our van and motorcycle sell soon so i can get it. ARG!!!!