Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Not my Cup of Tea

I tried and I tried to get into this movie and I failed. I thought it was....well.....boring. I know that if you are a Harry Potter fan you will think I am crazy for thinking it was boring but I compare it to a musical that you just can't get into and you count the minutes for it to be over. I finally made myself fall asleep and when I woke up it was still going on. I have liked all the other movies but for some reason I just couldn't "get" this one. It went right over my head and I didn't understand anything that was happening. I don't read the books so maybe that had something to do with it. I love happy endings and Harry Potter movies have a way of killing off the good guys and thus showing that the good guys don't win. I know there are reasons that Dumbledore had to die but it really made me sad. I kinda teared up to be honest. Why did he have to die??? I didn't like that at all. I wish that Harry and Hermoine would end up together instead of Harry and Jenny (not a Jenny fan).
Needless to say the ride home with Adam, who is a Harry fan, was an interesting drive. Bless his heart, he tried and tried to get me to see what was so good about it. I am so glad that there are fans out there. I love watching my awesome friends get way into it and wait in long lines for the movie. I love watching their excitement, it makes me happy. But this just isn't my cup of tea. I will continue to watch the first three over and over and over because I really like those. I like the young innocence of Hogwarts. I have only seen the fourth one once and we don't even own it.
To all you Harry Potter fans. I am SO glad that you like it but I will have to sit it out from now on.

3 comments:

Doty Family said...

Bahhhhh!! How in the world are we friends??? The next two movies will be fabulous!! And you'll see... Good will out! Tell Adam he can come with the Doty's in the future.

Adam and Robyn said...

If you want to understand the Harry Potter movies, you've got to read the books. To understand Harry Potter is to Love Harry Potter!!!

the sutton clan said...

I haven't seen it yet. I hear it's the empire strikes back of the harry potter series; focusing on character development vs. Action. I love the books though so I know I will see it eventually. But maybe I'll wait for it on video now.