Monday, June 29, 2009

WildLife Museum

Today I took the kids to the Wildlife Museum. It was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure how BayLee would take the fact that the animals were killed in order to be put on display in the museum. She was totally fine with it until she saw a skunk family. This made her pretty sad but overall they all three thought it was really cool. Mia just kept saying "ooooo" and "wow". It was fun to watch her reactions. Logan was always a step ahead of us and always leading the pack of course. BayLee wanted to hear everything that the voice through the wand would say. They have a great display of animals that this wonderful man and founder of the museum has hunted and killed for education. There were animals from every nation and Logans favorite was the wolf and BayLees was the Girrafe and the skunks.
It was a great time and I love summers. It gives me a chance to hang out with the kids and really get to know what they love and what keeps their interests.


I have pretty cute kids I must say!
Baby Skunk (I can't believe something this cute can be so disturbing)
"Can we keep the baby skunk family? PLEASE??"
I hope we see one of these in Yellowstone next month. That would be sweet!

I really love this girl.

Logan waiting for the hunt!

Mia loved the childrens room. They had tents, forts, dressup clothes.

I guarantee this would NEVER happen. Logan would be crying.....I think we all would be.
I thought this was too precious. (Ignore the redeyes...for some reason each one of my kids eyes are red in pictures)

2 comments:

J-Mom said...

Looks like fun!

Active Ackleys said...

looks like lots of fun!!! I love summer also. Have fun at Yellowstone. I haven't been there since I was a little girl, but I remember is being beautiful and fun.