Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Tribute To Grandma Dover



Adams Grandma, Elmyra Dover, passed away about two weeks ago. Her funeral was on Friday and I have been wanting to do a post about her and am now just getting around to it.

I have Elmyra to thank for how well Adam has turned out. He was born into "not the best" situation, and he was a lot like Logan as far as behavior. He was too much for his dad, so Grandma raised him. She was an amazing woman and Adam has great memories of her. I admire her for so many reasons. She was a very Christlike person and had bailed her kids out of trouble several times. She had a rough life but for the most part she kept smiling.

I can just imagine the reunion in heaven. She loved genealogy and loved tracking down relatives and finding out who is related to whom. She had a great sense of humor and loved to join water fights. Adam has great memories of her that not all the grandkids have. She taught him, led him, never gave up on him (for that I thank her), she always put others first.

It was really special to see Grandpa Dover come in on his wheelchair and Adam pushing him to the casket. He just sat and stared for the longest time (he had a stroke a couple years ago and she has been taking care of him). He started to cry and Adam comforted him, he heard grandpa mumble "I love you. I will see you soon". It was so sweet to watch his love for his wife. I am so glad to know that this life isn't the end. It was so hard to say goodbye knowing we would see her again, I can't imagine thinking that this life was the end. That brings great comfort.

So, Grandma, we love you and I thank you for raising my husband, and NEVER giving up. That means the world to me.

1 comment:

tifsong said...

this is really special Mandee. thank you for sharing this wonderful woman with me.