Sunday, February 22, 2009

Save the Fish

Ok, so tonight Adam made us a great Salmon dinner. Salmon, potatoes, and yummy green beans. We were all so excited-we are a seafood family. I loved it even more because I didn't have to cook it. But we sat down to eat and we were all digging in. BayLee and I were to share the last portion so we could each have 1 1/2 while Adam and Logan had 2 portions.

Man, it was good. But I noticed BayLee was really quiet all of a sudden and just staring at her last piece of salmon. I asked her if she was ok. She said yes but she was just tired. Adam and Logan finished and left the table. BayLee was still quiet and this isn't like her so I asked her again what was wrong. She finally looked at me and I noticed tears in her eyes. She said "Mom, what if this Salmon was someones mom? I wonder how pretty this fish was." It was so sweet and sincere. I told her she didn't have to eat it if it made her sad and she carefully put it on my plate to finish.....but I gave it to Adam, I didn't have the heart to eat it after she had bonded with it so much.

4 comments:

Doty Family said...

Baylee the tree hugger hippie! Better not tell her Adam is going hunting. I love it. Sweet story.

Katie said...

that is too cute, and way funny.

Jennifer Rowley said...

Hunting season is going to be interesting at your house. No Bambi watching in October!

The Wright Family said...

Awwww... did she watch "Finding Nemo" lately? That is too sweet.