Sunday, November 30, 2008

Our Christmas Tree!

I know what you are thinking!! It is time to take the Halloween decorations down. Well, we decided to do something different this year. After 11 Christmases together, Adam came up with a new tradition this year-do a different themed tree each year. I think it sounds great-kinda crazy- but great. His birthday is Christmas day so I decided what the heck, I will let him choose this years theme.The day after Halloween we were out on a date cruisin Target(what we call a date) and we were checking out the clearance for Halloween decorations. They were pretty much GIVING things away. Adam looked at me with a big smile and said, "Let's do our tree in the Nightmare Before Christmas theme". I thought it was a wonderful idea and BayLee LOVES this movie. We had so much fun shopping for the tree, we wanted to come straight home and decorate!I made ornaments for the tree too.

These are the ornaments. I took Balsa wood,(used for rc planes-Adam has TONS) and printed out images from the movie. After that I used,any guesses?????? Of course, MODGE PODGE! I modge podged the images onto the wood and got this cool yarn from the Dollar Store. It was so much fun and it will look great on a garland for Halloween next year.
We found these darling little pumpkin and skeleton plaster baskets that we used as ornaments too. We also used Skeleton and spider garland instead of ribbon or rag garland. Again we will be able to use the garland for Halloween next year too.We found the very last white illuminating pumpkin at Walmart. We dug and dug for it. It makes the perfect tree topper!
Here is the finished product! We used orange and purple lights and minature pumpkin lights. I know that this isn't "traditional" but we are really enjoying it. It is fun doing something different. I told Adam it has to stop at the tree so Christmas will be felt in our home! I wonder what the theme will be next year?............

5 comments:

Active Ackleys said...

What a fun idea! What have people thought out loud as they walk in your home?

Theresa Boulware said...

I love it. Very creative and different.

Active Ackleys said...

Hey Mandee, I just realized that we have the same curtains in our living room. That's so funny!

Carolyn C said...

This is the best tree ever. You guys are so creative. I love it!

TIF said...

i like your tree! stelllllar! :)