Friday, November 14, 2008

Flashbacks


The time is finally here and I can hardly wait. I am headed to Salt lake this weekend to see New Kids on The Block on Tour. My bestfriend from highschool that I haven't seen since 1992 got us tickets, I am so excited.

New Kids on The Block are very much a part of me. You may think I am crazy, but there is something about it that makes me smile. Maybe the memories I think about when I hear the songs. I was living in Athens Greece when they were a big thing. I remember dancing to their songs, I remember lip syncing to them with friends, I remember Aaron Withers and "Our song" and how it made me cry everytime I heard it after we "broke up"-we didn't even ever talk to eachother. I remember trying to do the "Hangin Tough" dance. I now have my kids dancing to their music and it is so much fun to watch them. They may get teased about it but HEY leave them alone. :)

I am also excited to see Ellie. We had so much fun in HighSchool together. We have stayed in touch all these years and I think it will be easy to fall back into easy conversation. I don't think it would be that way with everyone-it takes a special friendship I think. I remember hiking with Ellie, I remember slapping her a little too hard in a play we were doing for a competition, I remember laughing with Ellie, I remember doing Cheerleading together, I remember crying my eyes out for days when she moved, I remember her writing me a letter on a coconut from Hawaii to Italy and the postoffice workers had never seen anything like it. It is so great to have 2 flashbacks happen in one weekend, two of my favorite memories. Such great memories and I am excited to write about our weekend when I get back.

2 comments:

Doty Family said...

Yeah! You'll have so much fun! It makes me giggle that your going to NKOTB. I must admit, I loved them too, once upon a time! Enjoy the moment and make a great memory!

the sutton clan said...

I totally forgot about you slapping me!!! I remember that now- too funny! You were really getting into your character!