Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Must Admit I am Addicted

I think I have a problem. A very BIG problem. I am addicted to Blogging. I eat it, sleep it, drink it, and smell it. In church on Sunday we had a lesson about keeping our compasses pointed in the right direction. Keeping our priorities straight, then my dear friend Mindy said that she spent way too much time blogging. Then it HIT ME- I HAVE A PROBLEM!!! I thought it was normal to make your 6 year old make her own Ramen, I thought it was normal to let your house get messy, I thought it was normal to let the laundry go until you are out of clothes (ok, not quite that bad!). But I realized I had spent way to much time on my computer over the past few weeks since my oldest have been in school.
I ran across this quote from President Hinckley on another blog (of course):

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of those meaningful and significant things. Some may be funny. Some may be significant only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."Gordon B. Hinckley ~ 2006

It was then that I realized it is OK to Blog but I need to keep everything else in balance. I love to write in Journals, I love to scrapbook, I love to see other peoples scrapbooks. So, all in all blogging is a good therapy session and I love to be inspired by other people. I think I will be ok and I have made my daughter Ramen since Sundays AHA moment!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Doty Family said...

So true. It is a form of journaling! LOVE IT!

The Pope Family said...

I am addicted too, but I found that it actually helps me, because it is my portal to the outside world. I don't have the time to watch news or talk on the phone to other adults so to hear what they are up to and to read what they comment helps me out tremendously.

Tiffani said...

at least you're not addicted to.....
something else? like...drugs sex and rock and roll.


JK. blogging is fun, i enjoy it, and I do it while at work. I may be addicted too, but I get paid hourly to sit here and do nothing, i might as well be doing SOMETHING? like...typing about good things and thoughtful things and reading and learning about others too?