Friday, August 29, 2008

Along Came a Spider


The worst thing happened to me today! First of all for those of you who don't know, I suffer from SEVERE acrachnaphobia. I mean SEVERE! It is to the point to where eachday I put on my shoes I shake the shoes just in case there is a spider in my shoes. I also have my kids sort the laundry so I won't have to see a spider if there is one. I know I know, not very nice. Logan though is catching on. He is just about, if not more, like me. BayLee is the tough one. She will kill it(yes, I kill the spiders, I know I am mean-sorry), as Logan and I argue with eachother who should kill it. I try to be tough but I CAN'T. (Tried to put a picture of a wolf spider on blog entry but couldn't bring myself to google it!!!)
Anyways this morning I was feeling really congested and needed to get in the shower to try to loosen things up. Well, I got out of the shower and started drying off and out of the corner of my eye I noticed movement. I look over and there is a HUGE Wolf spider on the floor of my shower!!! I SHOWERED WITH A SPIDER!!!! I totally sympathize with Little Miss Muffett at this point. I freak out and flung the door open and YELLED to Adam to come take care of it. It was terrible. A friend of mine told me I should have washed him down the drain. NO WAY!! He would totally have been waiting for me to return tomorrow morning, climb up the drain, and PULL me through the drain!!!! It could happen. I don't know why a person like me lives in the desert!!!!!!!!! I think tomorrow I will use the kids shower.

4 comments:

The Pope Family said...

I hate spiders too!

Doty Family said...

Funny stuff!! Wolf spiders are creepy!

Kris said...

LOL, sorry, are you recovered now?!! I am not a big fan of those things either, but I have no compuction killing bugs that are in my house. If they are outside I will leave them alone, but they come into my domain......

Active Ackleys said...

My daughter did something so unlike her mother today and it reminded me of your post. I was listening to her conversation with a friend. Her friend pointed out a spider and web on her bike and told her to kill it. Her little friend was mortified. My daughter looks at her and says, that's okay he likes to ride on my bike with me. I'm not sure who she gets it from since her dad and I are both grossed out by the 8 legged creatures.