Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day


Today is the day we remember the Pioneers and the long journey they made across the country and ended up in Utah. As I was sitting watching the parade this morning I was complaining about the heat and how miserable it was and BayLee was complaining about being hungry, Logan was wanting the parade to start, and Mia was sitting in her stroller just watching people. I had a thought. Those pioneers suffered all of these elements and they probably complained and the kids were probably hungry and tired and hot. But we were able to open our water bottles, sit on nice camping chairs, catch candy from the passing floats (mainly four wheelers and cars) to cure our hunger. I have a great love for the pioneers and I know there isn't any way I could have made it across the plains. I am so grateful for the example they show me and for the sacrifices they made. The parade was wonderful and I was humbled for sure.

BayLee caught a water balloon that kids threw from a float and it didn't pop. She asked me what she should do with it and I turned my back to her and said "throw it at me". Before I knew it I heard a scream behind me and BayLee had totally missed me at hit the lady behind us with the water balloon! It was sooooo funny. Memories.



3 comments:

Active Ackleys said...

That is so funny! Where would be without the innocent erors and humor of our children. I can't believe how much BayLee looks like you.

The Pope Family said...

That is so funny, I hope the lady was a good sport.

Mindy & Russ said...

Glad to know others were enjoying the parade as well! Your kids are so adorable!